This one goes out to Shelly Lazarus, renaissance woman of my alma mater - Ogilvy & Mather. She is among a few selected as New York American Marketing Association 2015 Marketing Hall of Fame inductees. Roar.
A top 10 annnnd 6 honorable mentions.
My pick for album of the year with album art ironically fitting her position at the top of the totem pole: St. Vincent - St. Vincent.
2. Tensnake - Glow / (Dance vibes)
3. TR/ST - Joyland / (Joy Division v. Depeche Mode in Candy Land)
4. Sam Smith - The Lonely Hour / (Broken heart? His is bleeding.)
5. Banks - Goddess (Think: revenge)
6. Young & Sick - Young & Sick / (Sounds like an outfit at Urban Outfitters looks)
7. The Preatures - Planet Blue Eyes / (The Pretender’s had a baby. And it grew up)
8. Glass Animals - Zaba / (Peanut butter vibes)
9. TV on the Radio - Seeds / (Always classic)
10. The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream / (Chill vibes)
11. FKA Twigs - LP1
12. First Aid Kit - Stay Gold
13. How to Dress Well - What is this Heart?
14. Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World
15. Future Islands - Singles / (Side note: His live performance bothers me)
16. Stevie Nicks - 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault